Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ah, lovely pastime...

Two more rejections from agent queries. How lovely. Now I can check these off my list.

I was ready, though, if they wanted me to send the first 3 chapters. I have decided to offer electronic submissions in the body of an email, as a Word attachment or in pre-shredded format.

Write well, query widely. The problem is, how do I know that I've written well? I am not in a position to be objective about my book. Those who've read it have all raved about it...that is, all except for John, who merely stated that it wasn't his genre. Should I keep having people read it? What's the deal here?

I was in my meditation chamber earlier (my shower) and I thought, maybe this first novel will be something I come back to ten years from now and think, "Wow! I can't believe I sent this out like this." And then I'll see how to turn it into something that sells.

No comments: