It’s been a long time since I’ve fallen in love with a writer like I have with the Spanish writer, Carlos Ruiz Zafron. And it’s the first time I’ve fallen in love via an audio version. I just finished book two in his four-book series, the books being:
* The Shadow of the Wind
* The Angel’s Game
* The Prisoner of Heaven
and
* The Labyrinth of Spirits
I love magic realism, and these books are so beautifully narrated that I’ve been glued to them through the whole garden season.
I was heartbroken to learn that the author died in 2020, so what he left is all that there will ever be. At the risk of saying something painfully obvious, I can only read these for the first time once. Haven’t you ever felt that way? Wanting to read something again, but wishing you could experience it the way you did when you read it for the first time? I recognize that I am in a bittersweet spot here. I dread going on because I don’t want to reach the end, but I can’t stop because I’m enthralled. I just finished book two and am waiting for my Audible credit to renew.

No comments:
Post a Comment