Saturday, August 03, 2024

Dreamcatchers and Black Jobs

 In The Dreamcatcher by Stephen King, there is a scene where aliens, disguised as humans, go into a convenience store to get something to eat. They’re trying really hard to fool the real humans, so they ponder what humans like to eat.

 
Bacon! They think…humans love bacon. So, they find the bacon in the store, rip open the packages and chow down on the raw bacon. “Mmmm, this is good,” they mutter, greasy blobs dripping from the corners of their full mouths.
 
Pretty disgusting, huh? Of all the things written by Stephen King, it’s snippets like this that really gross me out.
 
This is what I imagine Trump and his crew will look like as they attempt to stop looking so weird and try to seem like…whatever they think the majority of us look like. I can’t wait to see it. Or maybe they’ve already started trying to look less weird. 
 
Here I am, just grateful that I retired from my black job before some immigrant came along and took it.

No comments: