Saturday, July 26, 2008

Flash-a-thon Winding Down

Someone said that one of the flashathons in the past was a month long. I'd be dead if I tried that. This one lasted 2 weeks, and I was able to keep up the pace for the first week, then I started slowing down. I wrote five new pieces, turned one short story into a flash and submitted two flashes that hadn't been workshopped before. I reviewed 76 flashes and became familiar with a whole bunch of writers whose work I hadn't read before. I also got tons of great critiques and reviews of my work.

One of the many great benefits of the internet is being able to belong to a huge community of writers who read and enjoy each others work. I may not have my novel on the shelves of libraries and bookstores, but I am read. What more can a writer ask?

No comments: